Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 1

In the reading class that I am taking this semester read 056 I have learned how to study vocabulary words better. This has a really big impact on me because I never studied before because I didn’t really know how and I used to do real poorly on the test. Now that I do study I find it easier on testing. Some words that I get in my vocabulary I never used to hear around me because I wouldn’t really catch them. Now that I know what they mean I hear them being said more and more and I catch them because I know the meaning. Now that I know a lot more words then I did before I find myself using them when I speak. I use the words I learned in my reading class when I talk because they are more proper in my conversations. Many other people don’t know what they mean because they aren’t used very often so I always end up explaining it to them. Some of the words I learned I remember but some of them I end up forgetting. I don’t really remember all of them. When I study only so many stick in my head because of the meaning of the words and the way I use them. If I use more then others those are the ones that stick. I think studying vocabulary helps tremendously when having a test or even speaking to another person in general and having a conversation with others

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this it is hard for me to remember the words after a while they just seem to erase from my memory. But, studying the vocabulary words has helped me a lot as well. It has helped my test taking and my conversation with people as well. I also never used to be that good with vocab test taking prior to this new studying. Kepp getting better at your vocab, as so will I.

    ReplyDelete